How To Choose New Kitchen Countertops for a Texas Home
Choosing the right kitchen countertops is critical as the kitchen is one of the most important areas in your house. It is the place you often spend more time. Kitchen countertops should be functional, hygienic, durable, and beautiful.
Choosing the right countertops can be challenging with the numerous options available. If you are looking for the best kitchen countertops for your Texas home, the experts at Nielsen’s Remodeling & Construction Company can help.
What are The Best Kitchen Countertops?
When choosing the right kitchen countertop, you will need to balance three factors: stone quality, durability, and utilization. The best choice is the one that fits your needs, will last several years, and is suitable for the heat and moisture of a kitchen in Texas.
Common Types of Kitchen Countertop Material
Granite countertops are an excellent choice if you want outstanding natural beauty with timeless visual appeal, but don’t mind the occasional maintenance to keep your investment in great shape.
- Resists stains, scratches, and heat
- Natural material
- Porous surfaces
- Improper sealing may expose your countertop to permanent stains
Marble is an excellent way to add value and character to your kitchen. This classic and timeless natural stone creates a luxurious look, and it is ideal for low-traffic kitchens.
- Classic, eye-catching, high-end look
- Natural material
- Available in various textures and colors
- Excellent work surface for bakers
- Requires regular sealing
- High maintenance and prone to stains and scratches
Popularly known as Corian, solid surface boasts a modern matte look, and it is an excellent option if you are looking for a kitchen counter that is warm to the touch. It is more durable than most countertop materials and highly customizable for residential applications.
- Variety of colors and patterns
- Susceptible to heat damage
- Easily stained and scratched
Solid wood countertops can be decorative and functional and provide a finished look for various kitchens. They are an excellent way to add a furniture-like focal point in a small area of your kitchen.
- Adds natural beauty and warmth
- Supports numerous design styles
- Various options are available, including oak, teak, birch, teak, and maple
- Requires regular sealing to prevent staining
- Often needs refining to prevent regular wear and tear
- More prone to damage than stone and tile countertops
Other popular countertop materials include:
- Stainless Steel
Schedule A Consultation
Let’s Get Started!
If you need more information about kitchen countertops or are ready to transform your Plano, TX, home with new countertops, call Nielsen’s Remodeling today at 214-400-4585. We’ll take your ideas and provide the best kitchen countertops for your needs and budget. Let us show you why we are one of the most rated Kitchen remodeling contractors in Plano, TX.